The Connection Point is an innovative patented solution of HIGHVOLT that integrates impulse voltage divider, chopping gap, and overshoot compensation into one device. If one component is not required, the Connection Point can also be implemented in a reduced configuration.
Thanks to its compact design, the Connection Point requires less floor space. Furthermore, the chopping gap does not need to be disconnected when changing from LI/LIC to SI, which leads to a time-saving test procedure and easy handling. Moreover, one high voltage connection (between chopping gap and test object) is omitted, resulting in a lower inductance of the test circuit.
The overshoot compensation covers a wide load range of test objects without any modification.
The Connection Point fulfills the following functions:
- Measuring of all relevant testing wave shapes
- Lightning impulses (LI) 1.2 / 50 μsAls
- Chopped lightning impulses (LIC)
- Switching impulses (SI) 250 / 2500 μs and AC voltages
- Chopping of lightning impulses, and
- Compensation of overshoots
To generate impulse voltages for testing:
- Gas-insulated switchgear (GIS)
- Arresters and other high-voltage devices
- For material testing in research or training programs
- For both factory and on-site testing